1. App Solution Licensing
fmFlare and all related files, unless otherwise stated, are © 2018–2022 LuminFire.
Services sold and distributed by LuminFire are done so in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Inasmuch as FileMaker Server and FileMaker Pro Advanced function correctly on a clean operating system install, fmFlare is guaranteed to function on a clean install of the minimum, stable and required version of FileMaker Server and Client, installed on a supported operating system. Because the number and variety of solutions, plugins and configurations is vast and wide, we do not guarantee that fmFlare will function with all third-party plugins, solution architectures or certain FileMaker features. We do not assume responsibility and will not be held responsible for any conflicts or compatibility issues that may occur due to third-party software. We assume no responsibility for any data loss as a result of installing or using fmFlare. Should conflicts occur with third-party software, we may provide support or a refund at our discretion, or require a paid support incident to troubleshoot your solution.
LuminFire sells and distributes fmFlare and supporting files “as is” and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like, or that they will be compatible with all third-party components and plugins.
Support for fmFlare is only available for those who have an active, paid license key.
Support and updates are granted for the term chosen (one month or one year) after the original purchase based on the license you have purchased. After the support term is completed, the purchaser must renew their license in order to continue receiving support and updates for the items purchased. For purchases that include an automatically renewing subscription, support will be provided for as long as the subscription remains active.
Support and updates for fmFlare are provided as long as fmFlare is actively in development. Should any one of the following occur, LuminFire will no longer be responsible for providing support for fmFlare:
- fmFlare is no longer actively developed as a viable product under LuminFire.
- LuminFire is purchased or bought out by another company.
- FileMaker is no longer actively developed.
Whilst we attempt to provide the best support possible for fmFlare, we do not guarantee that any particular support query can, or will be answered to the extent, or within a timeframe that the inquirer is completely satisfied.
4. Automatic Updates
Automatic updates are on the product roadmap. Once released, these terms will apply.
Automatic updates are available to license holders who have an active and valid subscription and license key. Automatic updates are available as long as the license key generated from the purchase is valid and active. Automatic updates will be optional, but recommended. License holders who choose not to enroll in auto-updates will be required to manually update fmFlare to the latest stable release in order to receive support.
5. License Usage
LuminFire grants each customer one or more non-transferable license(s) to use the software for internal use, and as defined by the terms set in the customer’s chosen license package.
Where the license package allows the software to be used on multiple servers the customer/license-holder may not sell the originally-purchased license key provided by LuminFire, to other users of the license (such as clients) for commercial benefit.
Additionally, the customer may not sublicense, to any person or entity, any rights to distribute the software or license key. LuminFire will only provide support services to the original customer/license-holder with a legitimate license key, and consider any other uses of this license key for support queries as fraudulent.
Agencies and independent FileMaker developers should instruct their clients to obtain or purchase a license key and provide access to that key for use in their solution.
Starter licenses are restricted to a single server. If you desire to run multiple copies of starter, please obtain one license per server.
Pro licenses are intended for a single solution hosted on up to 2 related servers (e.g. dev/test/live). Customers abusing the multiple server option may have their license restricted to a single server or their license revoked.
Elite licenses are subject to the terms under which they were proposed and sold. Customers must make LuminFire aware of any material changes to the license usage (user count, additional servers) to allow licensing to be adjusted as needed.
After we have processed your payment successfully, you will receive an email with your order number and other purchase information. Your license key is available in your account area along with your downloads. You can download fmFlare by logging into the account created for you when purchasing the plugin and clicking on the appropriate link.
Should you not receive an email containing your information, you can contact us through https://fmflare.com/support to request your purchase information.
Access to re-download purchased files will be granted so long as your license key is valid. If a license key expires, download access to the associated files will be discontinued until such time as the license key is renewed. This includes access to previous versions of software that were available at the time the license key was active.
All software and solutions are property of LuminFire. Claiming any type of intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our products is strictly prohibited.
fmFlare is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur due to the use or inability to use fmFlare.
8. Website & Solution Content
All content found on this site and throughout fmFlare including images, documentation, support queries and any other information is property of LuminFire and may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
9. Price Changes
LuminFire reserves the right to modify, change, cancel or upgrade a fmFlare subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent. Prices of all tiers are subject to change without prior notice or consent.
10. Subscriptions & Automatic Renewal
fmFlare is sold as an automatically recurring subscription that renews each term on the anniversary of the purchase date. This applies to all paid-for fmFlare licenses.
This subscription will automatically renew at the end of the license term unless the purchaser cancels their subscription prior to the automatic renewal date.
Please note the following details of fmFlare license subscriptions:
- Subscription renewals are automatically processed annually on the anniversary of your original purchase. The license renewal will continue and remain valid for each one (1) year or one (1) month unless the subscription is cancelled prior to the renewal date.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time from your Account page on the fmFlare website.
- If you choose to cancel your subscription you will no longer receive updates and support for the extension when your license expires.
- The renewal price will be the full price as published at the time of initial purchase, exclusive of any discounts.
- Grandfathered pricing: If you choose to cancel your subscription, and your renewal price is lower than the current listed price for the extension license (a “grandfathered” price), the lower renewal price will no longer be available to you.
- If you choose to renew your subscription after it has been cancelled and your extension license has expired, you will be charged the current listed price for the extension license. We cannot apply older or grandfathered pricing to your new renewal purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. We will send you an email 2 weeks prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed
- If you choose to cancel your subscription your license will expire on the anniversary of the original purchase, and you will no longer receive updates and support for the LuminFire extensions you have purchased.
11. Refund Policy
We firmly believe in and stand behind our products, but we understand that they cannot work perfectly for everyone all of the time. If you would like to request a refund, please open a support ticket. When requesting a refund, we respectfully ask that you meet the following refund policy conditions:
Eligibility conditions for a refund request:
- You are within the first 30 days of the original purchase of the plugin.
- We cannot grant refunds after the first 30 days of the original purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. We will send you an email 2 weeks prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed.
- You have purchased the plugin/subscription, and after installing and testing the plugin, have found that it will not work for your business or required setup.
- You have an issue that we are unable to resolve which makes the system unusable. We may ask you questions regarding the nature of your refund request so we can improve fmFlare in the future.
- If your issue(s) comes from not being able to install fmFlare properly or get fmFlare to perform its basic functions, we will happily consider your refund request.
- You have contacted our support team and allowed us to attempt to resolve your issue(s), or have explained why fmFlare will not work for you.
- Please note, technical issues caused by 3rd party plugins, system configuration or other software will not provide grounds for a refund.
- You agree to deactivate and uninstall fmFlare from your server and all computers if a refund is granted.
- Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion. By purchasing fmFlare from our site, you agree to this refund policy and relinquish any rights to subject it to any questions, judgment or legal actions. We are not liable to cover any differences in exchange rates between the time you purchased and the time you are refunded.
LuminFire may occasionally send you emails related to the purchase of product(s) from our company. We may also send you occasional email newsletters relating to LuminFire updates, promotions, fmFlare improvements and the like. We will never sell or release your email to any third party vendors. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty.
13. Affiliate Disclosure
This website is maintained by, and contributed to by staff of LuminFire.
This website will, on occasion, accept affiliate compensation. The affiliate compensation received will never influence opinions shared through content, topics, posts, emails, or other communications made on and via this website. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
On occasion, we will promote products or services (in other places on our website or in emails) that we have investigated and genuinely feel will deliver value to you. If and when we choose to promote other products and services, we believe in the service and value they can provide to you, not because we earn a commission. It is at your discretion whether you choose to purchase that product or service, and only if you purchase through our link will we receive compensation.
The majority of links on our website are not affiliate links. We will place an indicator next to each link (*) that is an affiliate link so you can see exactly which products and/or services we promote via affiliate links.
14. License Agreement
By purchasing our product(s), you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed and detailed on this page. We reserve the right to change or modify the current Terms and Conditions without prior notice or consent.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, all remaining clauses in this agreement shall remain binding on the customer.