The majority of fmFlare functions require access to external internet web services.
- Although some functions can be run offline, “offline” applications that require data caching or request queuing are not currently supported in fmFlare itself.
- Your solution can manage state, caching and queueing, and use fmFlare to connect to web services when the application is online.
Generally speaking, fmFlare is supported on the latest two versions of FileMaker.
- fmFlare 3.0 or later requires FileMaker Pro / Server 19 or later.
- Most fmFlare functions are compatible with WebDirect; specific WebDirect requirements: FM 19
- fmFlare 2.17 or earlier requires FileMaker Pro / Server 16 or later.
- Some functions require FileMaker 17 or 18, and will return an error if run via an incompatible FileMaker version.
- We do not recommend mixing versions when working with fmFlare (e.g. server and client versions should match)
If you’re not on the latest version, we recommend you upgrade FileMaker before opening a support ticket.